Wednesday, March 01, 2006

What the bleep is going on, soup people?

Listen. All I want is some soup. Every day I say to myself, "you know what sounds good, self? Soup sounds good." And then I go looking for soup. All the soup around here is COMPLETELY UNSATISFACTORY. Is it so much to ask to get a good soup?
So listen up, soup-choosers. The following items are not wanted in my soup:
Beans
Meat of any kind
Noodles
Mushrooms
A tomato base
Lentils or Barley
Other nastiness such as the above

Things that are desirable in soup:
Corn
Broccoli
Cheesiness
Butternut squash
Potatoes (creamed, no chunks)
Other yumminess such as the above.

I leave you now with a quote from Danny-
"I don't eat soup, it's a waste of my time. It's like eating water."

2 comments:

Andrew said...

Let me just say...that I too have heard that tired excuse, "It's like eating water" from Danny Fanny. But, he has NEVER eaten water quite as good as the Broccoli Cheddar "water" at Panera bread. I really believe that Dan will never be truly happy until he accepts soup into his heart just as we have.

Every spoonful of soup, is a spoonful of fulfillment

Lola said...

Every spoon full of soup is like a little hug for my soul, Andrew. And Panera's Broccoli Cheddar soup is AWESOME.