Tuesday, February 19, 2008

Curious What My Top Three Favorite Books Are?

You should have just asked

1. The Catcher in the Rye
2. The Virgin Suicides
3. White Teeth

Right now I'm reading Freakonomics which is fascinating. Fascinating.
I want to know what your top three favorite books are. I am asking.

The other day I went to the library and got some audio books for my commutes to Lansing and Grand Rapids. On a side note, I think I literally have something like 25 items checked out of the library right now. Anyhow, I like to get mellow stuff for the car, because a lot of the time I'll zone out and when I realize it, I have no idea what's going on in the story anymore So, I got a Jodi Picoult book.

My bad.

This has to be some of the worst writing ever. And I quote, "He made her feel like a piece of ripe fruit about to fall off the branch."
I about crashed the car when I heard that.
My hatred is only partially fueled by the fact that she makes an actual living off of writing.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I have a student who LOVES her writing. I've seen this student with several different titles - when she finishes one, there's another waiting.
I had thought I'd try on. Thanks for the warning!

Anonymous said...

Here are my top three books of all time...

1) Sum of All Fears - Tom Clancy

This was the ultimate in his series. Made me decide to never go to a Super Bowl game.

2) Brief History of Time - Hawkings

This looks impressive when you are on an airplane. You can look at the guy next to you and tell him that you enjoy "light" reading.

3) Portnoy's Complaint - Roth

I have always had a different outlook toward liver since I have read this book.

BONUS - The Prince - Machiavelli

A must read if you are going to survive in the corporate world. Also good advice if you are a Prince. Not so good if you are Prince...


Jen's Dad