Wednesday, December 17, 2008

Laura's New Years Resolutions

1. I will cease blatantly staying in the fast lane to piss off the asshole who is riding my bumper, despite the fact that I'm clipping along at 5 miles over the speed limit, as my mom recently pointed out that it could lead to me being run off the road and killed in some unseemly manner. Moms: so smart, so right.

2. I will return library books on time. Or, if they're late, I will have at least cracked the cover, considering I'll be paying the fine.

3. I will mop my kitchen floor more often.

4. [this is the space where I promise not to buy coffee every morning, but I'm taking it out already, since I know it's not going to happen.]

5. I will stop doing things like blogging about New Years resolutions in order to avoid school work or writing.

6. I will stop doing things specifically to irritate my sister, such as saving all the dog trading cards out of Penny's dog food and mailing them to her as if she's collecting them.

7. I will charge my phone.

8. I will try to respect the fact that Rob is a vampire and wants the curtains closed at all hours of the day.

9. I will stop being so anti-social, and I'll make an attempt at not being so sarcastic, but it won't work.

10. I will stop letting Facebook consume my every waking hour. I will stop letting Facebook consume my every waking hour. I will stop letting Facebook consume my every waking hour.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

i don't believe you will follow through on any of these resolutions. Maybe you should stick with something like, "I will try to save the earth by not taking showers daily and wearing my clothes more than once". That, I'd believe.

Anonymous said...

a). I break when people are on my bumper too. I see no harm. And then, I flick them off too. Opppsss.

b). I don't make resolutions because then I never disappoint myself. you should just do that instead.

love,
d.a.n.

Anonymous said...

What does d.a.n. stand for? Better think up something good...I can't wait to hear it.

Lola said...

I don't have to make those resolutions because I'm already LIVING them. I'm not sure if that's from Mini or Erin. I would say Erin, except for that last sentence. I don't think Erin knows how to use commas.

Dan- Mom told me this story about a priest who got roadrage and killed the other driver with a crossbow. It was terrifying. Ask her about it.

Anonymous said...

Boss me Erin. How's the garbage? Drink a smirnoff for me, I'll be expecting the drunk dial.

Laura - Mom heard that story from Dad because he showed a video to us in driver's ed about it but I don't think that guy lives in Michigan so...no worries yo.