Tuesday, January 10, 2006

Today I go to the drug store and I buy some Q-Tips. I love to clean my ears with Q-Tips. I know it's bad for your ears. I can't help it. Anyhow, I put them up on the counter and the checkout lady picks them up and says to me "What do you use these for?"
Am I old-fashioned or something? Because last time I checked, you don't ask people what they're using personal hygiene products for. What if I had some really personal problem that I used Q-Tips for? Anyhow, I say "my ears" and she says "You know, they're the worst thing for your ears." And I said "Yeah, I know." She then went on to mumble something else, and I asked her 'what?' and she said it again, but I still couldn't understand what the heck she was talking about.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
szenga said...

I use them for my ears too! Doesn't the rest of the world? Well I know someone who uses them for other things, but I'll refrain from sharing that information with everyone on the internet.

szenga said...

PS. Do you know if campus mail is up and running? What if mail comes for a student this week, will they hang on to it?

academicecs said...

Even though we know that you've shoved the Q-tips in a little too far, you mother and I still love you Laura. Oh, by the way, your new helmet arrived. You should start wearing it daily!