Wednesday, January 25, 2006

Why You Should Read Directions

Today I bought that Airborne stuff that's supposed to keep you from getting sick, because I was starting to feel a bit crappy. So I open it and they're these huge tablets. I thought they were chewable, so I just put it in my mouth. No. Not chewable. They're those damn dissolving tablets like alka-seltzer. The stupid thing started dissolving on my toungue and filled my entire mouth with this nasty lemon-lime foamyness, but there was nothing I could really do about it at that point, except spit it out, but that seemed like a big waste since there were only 10 tablets in there and the stupid things cost $7. So I just sat there with this awful look on my face, thinking I was going to throw up while this thing took forever to dissolve.
Things that, in retrospect, should have tipped me off that they were dissolvable:
1. The fact that the tablets are the size of my head.
2. The huge line at the top of the box that says "Effervescent!"
3. The picture on the back of a tablet dissolving in water.
Now, what have we all learned here?
In my defense, I dissolved the second one I took in water, and it was at least as nasty as the first, minus the feeling of something exploding on my tongue.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

IDIOT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!IDIOT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Lola said...

Curtis,
I know you just learned to read and all, and so it's exciting to get on and read my page, but perhaps something like Good Night Moon would be better for you? Not so many big words.