Monday, November 27, 2006

Today: Sweet? I Think So.

1. Conversation I just had with my dad:
My dad (picking up the phone): "JAMBO!!"
Me: "What?"
Dad: "Jambo!"
Me: "What is Jambo?"
Dad: "It's Swahili for hello!"
Me: "Why are you speaking Swahili?"
Dad: "Because it's KWANZAA!"

Lately, my dad seems to think he's the Grand Master of Holidays. Today I got a "National Tell People at Work to go to Hell Day" e-card. I've been informed that tomorrow is National Electric Guitar Day, so please plan accordingly.

2. I had the BEST massage today. Because I'm going to the chiropractor and he prescribed massages, my insurance covers them. I get hour-long massages once a week for $6, and all I have to do is let the chiropractor crack my neck and possibly cause my entire spinal column to crumble.
And no, these are not Open Till 2 AM along the Interstate massages.
You would do it, too.
The massuse (masuse? Ma-Suess?) came out to get me and she was the smallest person I've ever seen. This was deceiving, because she was an uber-tough massager.

3. I have two funny stories from work, but I'm kind of concerned about writing about work, due to the fact that you can find my blog if you google my name.

3a. Not that I think people spend their free time googling my name, but you can never be too careful.

4. I went to the gym today. This is two days in a row. I never go two days in a row. Yay for me.

5. I had some KILLER soup today at Panera. Butternut Squash. So good that I actually got some to go after I was done so I can take it in my lunch tomorrow.

6. I was under the impression that there were five more weeks of school (work) until Christmas break, come to find out that there are actually only FOUR.

7. The key to being happy at work is to get a super-caffinated beverage in the morning. Then you feel kind of laughy and stupid all day. Yes, I'm drugging myself. Different strokes for different folks, people.

8. 'Strokes' is a word with weird connotations and I promise not to use it again unless there is no other option.

9. It is 9:30pm and I literally just walked in the door for the first time since I left at 6:30am this morning.

10. I have a small heater fan underneath my desk at work, and I accidentally left it on. The OCD portion of my brain, inherited from Erin, is currently insisting that it's going to inadvertently burn the entire building down.

12 comments:

academicecs said...

Correction!!! Yesterday was "National the Customer is always WRONG!" day. So you had permission to tell them all to go to hell!! You need to study up on your holidays!!!!!! By the way, next month there's a National Microwave Oven Day!!!! I can't wait!!!!!

Anonymous said...

Gordy?! I am hearing that you may be the only one who is looking out for the best interest of the family members in your home...those being those cute furry long time family members that have given much joy to you and your family throughout the years. I have heard from Barb, as well as from your three children that their approval rating is way way down. Why? I do not know. I heard someone say (and I will not mention names, Daniel) that it is just time for them to kick. So I hope that you will see to it that microwave oven day will not prove to be a horrible horrible day for for your two furry little cute ones. If you would like the ASPCA's number, I can get it for you real easy. My love and RESPECT to Bridget and Macy!!!! Long may they run!!

academicecs said...

To anonymous
I'm the only one in this family that protects those two furry bandits. As far as them running, now adays it's more like a hobble.

Lola said...

Umm.. you guys do know that anonymous is Aunt Dawn, right? You're freaking me out calling her anonymous. I feel like I'm in an Ann Landers column.

academicecs said...

Back off Laura. We can anonymous anyone we want. Get your own blog!!!!

Lola said...

THIS IS MY BLOG!!!!!!!!!

academicecs said...

We're taking over. You bore us too much!!!!!!

Anonymous said...

Um, um...who was it who originally wanted the furry little bandits? Hmmmm? I think that person should be the one to take care of them in their old age. I'll have them packed and ready to go ... so get here and pick them up ... ERIN!

Lola said...

2 Things...
(1) Would everyone please note that mom registered herself under the name Minster?

(2) Nobody asked for those cats, they were a bribe so we would forget all about Maggie whom Dad decided to do away with while we were at school. Or, maybe they were a bribe for when Homer was done away with. Hmm. So many dead animal bribes I can't keep them straight. Those cats are sticking around so long because the spirit of dead Maggie/Homer is spiting you, Dad.

p.s. We had two pets named after Simpson's characters? Weird.

Anonymous said...

This is like mutiny on the blog!

Andrew said...

I have a couple things to add to this very entertaining set of blog comments:

1) Laura--I also recently found out that if you google my name you get my blog...weird.

2) Dan--stop whining about soup, you admitted to me that you enjoy a hot steamy bowl of chicken noodle from time to time so say goodbye to your credibility in the "soup-hating" department.

3) Papa Winther--I like those cats, especially Bridget cuz she has that cute little crooked ear.
P.S. Got any QB Tourneys coming up?

4) Erin--I don't really have anything for you but....long time no see!! Let's do lunch (do people still say that?)

5) Mama Winther--excellent choice with Minster.

HAPPY HOLIDAYS!!!!

Andrew

Anonymous said...

Maggie was a cutie too. I also remember Rat Dog (Jodie). Both great dogs!! How old was Homer when he was done away with?

Dan-Soup is not always my favorite either. Although I would like to try the Butternut Squash. Also Dan, when you get a chance, I would like to hear your comments on the saying "Oh, that was so funny I forgot to laugh!" To continue our conversation about the saying "Expect it when you least expect it." Your dissertation is due by December 25th.

Laura-Great job on the two days of going to the gym!! I think you deserve a shout out on my new Blog for that. By the way, this is my new blog

Happy Christmas to everyone too!!!

-Aunt Anonymous