Sunday, October 21, 2007

My 600th Post is About Nasty Ice Cream

I forgot to write about this. After we eat last night, we're on our way to the theatre when Rob says, "Want to get some TCBY?" Okay. If you live in Kzoo, you know that the downtown combination Subway/TCBY is nast. Really. Not cool. I'm like.. "Uhh...no." Rob wants TCBY though. When we walk in, one of the people who works there is outside on the curb smoking a cigarette. We go inside.
The ice cream cases in there look like someone got locked inside and tried to claw their way out. There are yucky smudges and stuff stuck to them. The lady comes in and Rob's like "I'd like a hot fudge sundae.
Lady: "Hold on." Opens the hot fudge container. No gloves. Peers inside. Starts scraping it off the sides. "Okay"
Puts 8 pounds of "Vanilla ice cream" (Brown vanilla? Is that like Choc-nilla?) in the container, scrapes the hot fudge off the side of the container and flicks it on top, and it looks curdled. Puts tons of whip cream on top and about a cup full of nuts. Rob hates nuts. Sticks a spoon in it.
Rob: "Thanks"
Rob then walks outside, stops in front of the trash can, throws it in there and we continue on to the theatre.
Moral: You are either Subway or you are TCBY. You are never SubBY.
Also, don't lock people in the ice cream freezer.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Dearest Laura,

Thank you for the Gas Card. I used it today...and here is why. Because our evil sister Erin made me come out to her house...and not just that, she didnt tell me there was a detour so i wasted sooo much gas going out there. But luckily, I can count on my true sister Laura. Thanks yo. I have 1/2 a tank now! YAY

Love,
Dan

Anonymous said...

Daniel-
First, I didn't make you come to my house. Dad did.
Second, READ THE DETOUR SIGN POSTED ONE EXIT PRIOR TO MINE. IT IS HUGE. YOU CAN'T MISS IT.
You are always trying to blame me for a) getting lost and b) your lack of sense of direction.

Anonymous said...

Today Erin called me ...and she says "Danny...what's that new song thats out..it goes like this "doo doo dooo, blah blah blah"..and expects me to get the song. Why do we even talk to her anymore? Lets boycott her. Also, when I got your initial text today, i just saw Uncle John's. and I thought u were gonna make me go swing on his barn rope thing. CREEEEEEPPPPYYYYY.

Love,
Dan

Lola said...

(A) Yeah. Danny, you don't ever need to worry about me suggesting we go to Uncle John's, K?

(B) You think that phone call was bad? Today my phone rings, and it's Erin, and she launches into this whole conversation that I just had with her LAST NIGHT, but she's acting like it's all breaking news, right? So I say, "Uh..Erin? We talked about this last night." She says, "We did? Oh, sorry, I called you after I took an Ambien last night."
I'm like, "C-O-O-L. So you call me when you're drugged and don't remember a SINGLE THING I SAID?" That is the last time I pick up the phone when Erin calls past 10.