Saturday, November 17, 2007

Your Guide To Christmas Music and Thanksgiving Dinner

Best contemporary Christmas song:
God Rest Ye Merry Gentleman by Barenaked Ladies (minus S. Maclachlan, who bugs me)

Second best kind-of-contemporary:
What Christmas Means to Me My Love by Stevie Wonder

Also Good:
Funky, Funky Christmas by NKOTB (You KNOW Joey-Joe is ready! Jordan and Jon? Yeah! Come on! We gotta funky, funky Christmas going on!)
(Begrudgingly) Mariah Carey "All I Want For Christmas Is You"

Most hysterical Christmas lyric:
"Blessings from above!
God sends you his love!"
N'Sync "Merry Christmas"
("Oh, hey! I just saw God! He said to tell you, hi!")

Best Traditional Christmas Song:
Silver Bells
Carol of the Bells (though, I swear they're saying, "Oh, Hannaukah! Oh, Hannaukah!, which confuses me)

Avoid:
Boring stuff.

Best Thanksgiving Foods:
Stuffing
Pumpkin Pie

Worst Thanksgiving Foods:
Green Bean Casserole
Squash
Cranberries
Gravy
Other stuff Erin brings

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Um, for the record, I don't like cranberries OR gravy. Green bean casserole and squash ROCK! You are SO unrefined. Get a Thanksgiving clue already.

Anonymous said...

Checked your list (twice!)and you missed a couple of songs for Christmas. I can tell you have not been listening to one of those 24/7 Christmas radio stations that have been playing Christmas music since September. Anyway, here is my top eight songs for Christmas...

1) "Merry Merry Merry Frickin Christmas" By Frickin'A (This is one of Jen's favorite songs.)

2) "Santa Baby" by Madonna (Ryan loves this song, but he is a Madonna type of guy)

3)"Five More Days 'Til Christmas" by the Cheetah Girls (I only picked this because Sabrina got ripped off on D.W.T.S.)

4) "Christmas in Hollis" by Run DMC (What would Christmas be without a little Gangsta?)

5)"Grandma Got Run Over By a Reindeer" by Elmo & Patsy (Another Jen Favorite...What would Christmas be without a drunken Grandmother?)

6)"Run Rudolph Run" by The Tractors
(After six beers, this ranks right up there with the Hallelujah Chorus!)

7) "You're a Mean One Mr. Grinch" by The Brian Setzer Orchestra (I can realte to the Grinch)

8) "Jingle Bells" the Crazy Frog version

Jen's Dad

Lola said...

Dear Jen's Dad:
Yeah... I must have accidentally forgotten those Christmas classics. I'll be SURE to include them next year:). Although, I would be willing to include anything by the Cheetah Girls. Nothing by Madonna. Nothing sung by crazy frogs. DEFINATELY not Grandma Got Run Over..