Thursday, January 17, 2008

Why the flip are people so on fire for Ron Paul?
Dude gives me the shivers.
Not sure why, just a feeling.
I'd like to get a yard sign. BarackorHillary?BarackorHillary?BarackorHillary? Oh screw it, I'm going to get a Ron Paul sign!

I realized today that I haven't put any house pictures up yet. But our camera battery is dead, we can't find the charger, and you have to have the camera on to upload pictures. So there you have it. That camera is more trouble than it's worth.
Major house improvements, thus far:
All windows, with the exception of the kitchen, have shades up. No more peep show.
Yesterday, I put up a shelf. The process of using a stud finder continues to ellude me. I drill at random.
My office is amazing. Writing= in full swing. For me. More of a leisurely lacksadasical drift compared to others.

Lola's List of Looking Forward To:
*Really looking forward to Run Camp, actually. Someone needs to get my butt in gear. I'm doing a marathon in the fall. Possibly through the Redwoods.
*WEDDINGS!! Lots of weddings!! Jon and Rebecca, Joe and Erin. Also, some other weddings.
*Summer. I have a back yard and a hammock. Soon I will have a vegetable garden. Then my plan will be complete.
*Going to D.C. to see Erin graduate in April. Me+airplanes+top secret academies= love
*I don't usually get all bent out of shape about movies (except Harry Potter), but I cannot WAIT to see both Vantage Point and Stop Loss.
*They're doing "Assassins" @ the Whole Art Theatre in Kzoo. That will be fun.


I realize that John Mellencamp probably already has a fan club and a fan club president, but I'm thinking of planning a coup. I really feel that I am the #1 John Mellencamp fan. He's always really involved in the presidential campaigns, so I looked up who he was supporting today. It wasn't either of the people that I'm supporting. And I thought for a second about changing, before I realized that was the worst possible reason to change an opinion.

3 comments:

jon jon said...

Where's the link to my page lady!?!? WHY DO YOU HATE ME?!?!?

slb said...

there's something really disturbing about the ron paul presence both on campus and in the larger michigan.

i know very little about dude, save that he's likely a bit of a bigot: http://edgeofthewest.wordpress.com/2007/12/23/ron-paul-very-gradual-emancipationist/. but i'm more disturbed by the fact that, last weekend, there was a plane flying over greater grand rapids with a tiny banner that read, "Ron Paul Revolution"... only , where "evol" is in Revolution, he had the letters red instead of blue like the rest of the banner and the L was backwards. you may have seen this on campus. I've seen flyers designed this way, too. Is he trying to send a subliminal free love message or what? i'm befuddled.

Lola said...

Jon.
Sorry,yo, I fixed it. It didn't remember what your blog address was, I had to go looking for it. I wasn't feeling the work involved.