Wednesday, April 09, 2008

Literally.

I am here today to talk about the abuse of the word 'literally'. This is a serious social problem plaguing our society. You can not just throw it haphazardly into any old sentence. Take, for instance, this conversation overheard today in the LCC cafeteria:

"Trust me, man. You don't go to that class, it will bite you in the ass. Karma is literally a bitch."

The only way that I can think of for that to be a good use of literally is if the professor of that class is named Karma.

I do not believe that that is the case. If it is, I will most certainly apologize

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Could it be that the student was literally talking about Ms. Eunice Karma? I believe she used to teach Animal Husbandry at Moo U. She might now be working out in Allendale. They have cows and assorted other animals out that direction. Just trying to give the student the benefit of the doubt. This is just a thought.

Jen's Dad

Lola said...

Dear Anonymous (Jen's Dad)-
That's very diplomatic of you. You're kinder than I am. Though, I think you made Eunice Karma up. Not calling you a liar or anything, but...