Tuesday, April 14, 2009

If you're one of my family members, you've heard these stories. Fair warning....

1. Once upon a time Rob went to Disney World, because he was a band geek and his HS band was playing in the Disney parade.

side note: If you think about it, that Disney parade is really friggin creepy. Every day? Every day you have a friggin parade like it's a holiday? There is something really surreal and Twilight-Zoney about that. The two movies that come to mind are The Shining and A Clockwork Orange. I can't exactly explain what I mean, but you'll notice that both of those movies involve gory death, so maybe you get my point.

Anyhow, they go to Disney World. And there's this quartet there, I imagine somewhere along the thoroughfare (I imagine this because I've never been to Disney World, but it seems like it would have a thoroughfare), and it's these four women who sing "Mr. Sandman". And the big exciting thing is, they choose someone from the audience who gets to do the 'Yeeeesssssss" part (you know.."Mr. Sandman! Yeeeeeessssssss Bring me a dream!". Anyways, of course they pick Rob. So he's getting all ready and preparing for his part, and when it's time, the guy points the microphone at him... and Rob says "Thank you"
Like this:
Du-du-du-du-du-du-du-du
"Mr. Sandman!"
"Thank you"
"Bring me a dream!"

I don't know, I guess he got nervous or something. Can't you just see everyone's face though? Can't you see Rob's really confused face like, "why the hell did I just say thank you?"
I think I like this story so much because it's exactly the type of thing I would do.

2. Our across the street neighbor Mary comes over the other day with this huge pineapple upside down sheet cake. We're all "Oh, thanks Mary, that was so nice!", and she says "Oh, well, I remember that it's your favorite, so I thought I'd better make it and bring it over for you."
Chit chat, chit chat, blah blah.
She leaves and Rob turns to me and says "I didn't know pineapple upside down cake was your favorite.."
And I'm like "... I thought she was talking to you."
We're both pretty curious who that cake was actually for, but it's pretty good. Almost good enough to be my favorite.

No comments: