Tuesday, September 19, 2006

More Fun With Crazy People

Just when I thought I had reached my fun quotient for the week with puppet seminar lady yesterday.. in comes Conspiracy Theory Mom.

First thing she says to me when she walks into the office:
"Why do the students have a bar code on their ID's but staff doesn't?"
"Well, students have them so we can pull up their information quickly"
"Well, what about your information?"
"Uhhh..."

ID's. Just a small part of the communist regime of the public school system. Damn you! We don't need no education! You're just a brick in the wall!
Seriously, though, the truth is we're storing all the students thoughts on those bar codes, so we can easily access any thought crimes they may have committed.

Other manipulations afoot right there under my very nose (how could I not have noticed?):
"Are you really okay with the way schools are brainwashing kids?"
"You know those surveys they have the kids take with the ACT tests? They ask kids about their sexual orientation and then the teachers and administration read it. A teacher told me."
"I don't even want my kids going here. It's like a communist country in here. How many security guards do you have out there?"

What's funny is, if anything ever happened to her kid in school, she'd be like "Where was the security?? Why wasn't anyone there??"

Fight the power.

P.S. Highly recommended: The Last Kiss Soundtrack. Get it, I'll wait.


Do you have it yet?
What's taking so long?

P.P.S. I don't like Fiona Apple. But, I like her more than I like 'Fergie', whom I can't stand. If I was on Road Rules Challenge, I'd choose Fiona Apple over Fergie. Here's my ideal Road Rules/Real World Challenge Team

My team:
Me
Zach Braff
Erin and Danny
Lorenzo Lamas (seriously, people, he's a bounty hunter)
The Incredible Hulk
Dale Ernhardt Jr. (his fireproof gear may come in handy)
J.D. Salinger (shut up.)
John Basedow
Shakira

VS.

Gwen Stefani and Fergie Ferg

Bring it.

4 comments:

Andrew said...

Ok...so I know I'm not family...or a world famous bodybuilder...or Lorenzo Lamas......but I'm a little hurt Laura...it's gonna take me a while to get over.

Hey I need your email address, maybe I'll ask Dan since we're friends or something like that.

Andrew said...

Ok I got impatient...with you being an English major of some sort I thought you might enjoy proofreading my personal statement for my Vet School app. So...since I don't have your email, I put it as a post on my blog thedriz.blogspot.com, so do you think you could MAAAAYYYYBBBE read it over and just comment on your critique.

THANKS LAURA!!!!

Andrew said...

Oh....please and thank you.

wow...3 comments, very stalkerish of me.

academicecs said...

Once again, your parents don't make one of your special lists. I guess like everything else, we need to pay to get that honor. We should have adopted!