Sunday, May 14, 2006

Brush With Fame #2!


Saw this guy →


Today, while walking in Central Park, I had my second brush with fame in my ongoing quest to find famous people for no apparent reason. This apparently is that Joss Whedon guy who does the Buffy stuff. What's funny is, just like my last Real World sighting, I would have never known who he was, much less been able to spot him. Luckily, someone I was with had watched some of the commentary on one of his DVDs. He totally saw us talking about him. Maybe because I was completely obvious and turned around and stared at him. Oh well.

Also! Ran a 5K in Central Park today and had my BEST TIME EVER. 28:28 for 3.1 miles, which translates into 9:10 per mile.
I'm basically like the Nike swoosh.

And lastly, in honor of the fact that I rode the Central Park Carousel for the first time ever today...

"She ran and bought her ticket and got back on the goddam carrousel just in time. Then she walked all the way around it till she got her own horse back. Then she got on it. She waved to me and I waved back...I felt so damn happy all of a sudden, the way old Pheobe kept going around and around, I was damn near bawling, I felt so damn happy, if you want to know the truth. I don't know why. It was just that she looked so damn nice, the way she kept going around and around, in her blue coat and all. God, I wish you could've been there."
-Catcher in the Rye

No comments: