Friday, July 14, 2006

My Awesome New Place and The Birds

Let's talk about my new apartment.
It.
Is.
Sweet.
Maybe two years or so ago, I wouldn't have been so impressed with it. But in my post-NY life, where I have just spent a year coughing up $900/mo. to live in a basement (Basement apt., no offense, I loved you but you weren't exactly.. luxurious), I feel like I have hit the freaking jackpot here.
My new apartment has...
1. A washer and dryer
2. A dishwasher
3. A HUMUNGO deck
4. A flipping FIREPLACE
5. Lots o'room
6. Parking right outside my door
7. Vaulted ceilings
8. Large, wonderful windows

My new apartment does not have...
1. crazy insomniac children living upstairs
2. the creepy serial killer mailman
3. evil people who put threatening notes on my car
4. Batboy living upstairs

And what's CRAZY about the whole thing is I'm paying 25% less!
Yay Michigan!

Speaking of the new apartment, I was looking for cool things to decorate it with, and I came across these birds.

What, you say, are these birds? These birds are gigantic colorforms! And you can put them up on your wall in a migratory formation of your choosing!
It's BRILLIANT, BRILLIANT, BRILLIANT!!!

Here's the part where everyone rains on my parade.
Rob: "Laura. Those look like something you see at the dentist's office"
Min: Eye Roll. Min wouldn't even waste a sarcastic comment on my birds.
OH YEAH? OH YEAH? YOU DON'T LIKE MY BIRDS?? EVER SEEN THAT MOVIE THE BIRDS? THAT'S YOU, ROB! YOU'RE GOING TO WAKE UP AND LOOK AT THE CEILING AND THERE'RE GOING TO BE 100 COLORFORM BIRDS STARING DOWN AT YOU.

jerk.

4 comments:

rob said...

AAAAhhhhhhhhhhhhh!!!!! Coloforms!!!! REE-REE-REE-REE!!!!

Sara said...

Yes. Your avatar outfits make me puke in my mouth.

Lola said...

Vroom! Vroom! That's right, I'm a biker chick. And your thoughts on the birds? I'm counting on you to be on my side for this one.

Lola said...

p.s. I KNOW you're not talking about my outfits when you're dressed like a freaky fairy queen. :)