Tuesday, December 11, 2007

Update:
Sold another book on Half.com = $10.00
Money made at the clothing resale shop = $26.50

Today I filled out the form for our homeowners insurance. I got to the part where it says "past updates". We don't know about any past updates, and there's nothing in the disclosure because the person selling it isn't the person who lived in the house. So I call my insurance agent and I tell her that I know the roof and furnace are brand new, but I have no idea about the plumbing or electrical. This conversation transpires:

"Well, okay. How old do the pipes look?"
"....."
"Well do they look somewhat new?"
"What does a new pipe look like? Shiny?"
"How about you just look at them and take a guess about the year they went in?"

Okay, lady. You realize what you basically just said to me was "Pick a number between 1 and 100" right? How the hell am I supposed to know what year the pipes went in? Do pipes from different decades look different? Why don't you ask me questions about the house that I know the answer to, like, "What color are you painting the living room?", or "Is Rob going to buy you that cool wine cabinet you want?"

No comments: