Friday, June 20, 2008

I feel as if we can be honest here. I am broke. I am broke because, last week, I was at my summer job (which mind you was a sweet gig because it filled the gap between the end of this past semester and the beginning of the coming semester almost perfectly) and my boss-like-person walked up to me and casually said "oh, hey. looks like today's going to be your last day. They cut the funding for your position."
I thought he was joking, so here's me: hahahaha.
FOOL, LAURA! FOOL!
Anyways, no job.
So today we're driving around today and it's like garage sale MANIA. I'm like "Awesome, way to taunt me, because you know I can't spend money on garage sale stuff right now."
But then I see this sign for a book sale.
Book sale! I say. I can go to a book sale! First of all, I love books. It would be fun just to look through them. Second of all, they sell used books at garage sales for about a quarter. Quarters I have. I can do quarters.
So I actually make Rob turn the car around so we can go back to the book sale.
This is a good place to remind you that my eyesight is HORRIBLE. I believe my prescription is +5.75. I bet I'm legally blind.
So, we turn around, and there's the sign for the book sale, HOORAY BOOKS!!, except that just as we're turning, I notice that it actually says block sale. No books. Only blocks.
And so we went home.

No comments: