Tuesday, June 24, 2008

On My Honor

1. I went to the dentist yesterday and, yet again, despite the fact that I routinely abuse my teeth, rarely floss, and drink too much coffee, I have no cavities. I swear this time that I will start taking better care of them. I will floss on a (near) daily basis. My luck is about to run out in the teeth department.

2. I could never EVER be a dental hygienist. Forget all of the hands in someone else's mouth stuff. Even worse than that. If your hands are sitting there right outside the mouth, holding the mirror and scrapy-thing, you know that you are getting nose breath on your hands. You know exactly what I'm talking about. The thought of someone nose breathing on my hands makes me want to vomit. I tried to hold my nose breathing to a minimum the entire time I was there yesterday.

3. So, as another entry into my own personal series of unfortunate events, my microwave threw in the towel yesterday. Had the damn thing for seven years, at six different apartments/houses and it chooses to give up now? Anyhow, I was looking on bestbuy.com for a new one... You know, it's been seven years since I bought one, so maybe I'm not up on things, but I happen to remember my parents buying that microwave for me for $60 at Sam's. Stupid Best Buy microwaves are like $200-$300!!! What exactly does a $300 microwave DO? Stupid thing better be a Transformer (robot in disguise) for $300! LISTEN, ALL I WANT MY MICROWAVE TO DO IS HEAT THINGS UP. Keep your robot world domination. Don't you know that microwave popcorn is one of my major food groups? I am languishing without it.

4. I got to photograph the Parcell/Stotts wedding a few weekends ago. My super duper rob-created photo gallery isn't working right now, but here are a few of my favorites:














No comments: