Thursday, July 25, 2002

Amazing Cheese Pizza and Overalls

First off, I will of course mention that I am blatantly and shamelessly copying Jon in making little bold titles for my entries. It's cool, I'm a copycat, I can deal with that. Anyhow.. I just got back from a little excursion to Prague, and here are two little stories that in some round-about, completely random way, are connected to it. First of all, I think that Prague should be given the distinct honor of be named "Overalls Capital of the World". Now granted, I have not checked out the overalls-wearing population all over the world, but I have a feeling that Prague is right up there. I have never seen so many men wearing overalls in my life. And not jean overalls. No, no, BRIGHT blue overalls. I think that this is like the standard uniform for construction workers or city workers over there, but I never quite figured it out. Do you remember the video for that song from the 80's "Come On Eileen"? Well, the band in the video is walking around in these stupid looking overalls the entire time and, maybe because I am unaccustomed to seeing men wearing overalls, this is what I associate the men in Prague with. I would see the men and then I would walk around singing that stupid song for the rest of the day.
Secondly, A little story about cheese pizza. So I'm on the flight home and it's lunch time, and I am starving. The choices are turkey or salmon. It might help to mention that I am in the very last row of the plane. When they get to me all they have left is salmon. Fish sicks me out. So I have nothing to eat. 7 hours later, I am DELIRIOUS with bordem and hunger, ready to smother myself with the in-flight pillow, when they decide to serve a snack before we land. A little, tiny, coaster-sized cheese pizza. I have never appreciated pizza so much in my life. It was a gift from god. It was also the greasiest pizza Ive ever encountered and my stomach was upset for the rest of the night, but it was the most amazing pizza of my life. Appreciate your pizza, boys and girls, because someday there will be only salmon.

No comments: