Sunday, July 21, 2002

Let's talk about my pet peeves. Today I was in line at a little cafe-type thing waiting to get a pop. The person in front of me was ordering a slice of pizza and says to the cashier 'Um, give me one of those." Um, no. I cannot think of a single instance where it is appropriate to say 'gimme' to someone that you don't know. Now, if you are among friends and want to say 'hey, will you give me that ..(insert word here)", fine, that's different. At a restaurant/store/etc., you say "Can I please have..". This all goes back to my theory that EVERYONE in the entire world should spend at LEAST a year working in some form of service profession, particularly food service, but any service will do. Reason being, if you are on the recieving end of "Gimme that", you will NEVER, EVER say it to someone else. The world would be a better place if everyone was did their time in the drive-thru.

No comments: