Sunday, July 28, 2002

I don't want to be a creepy!!

So something unsettling occured to me last night. Rob and I were at a comedy club, and the comedian was talking about how you can use a magnifying glass and direct sunlight to burn holes in things. What's unsettling is, I distinctly remember doing this as a child. I have this picture of myself, all alone, in the backyard burning holes into newspaper with a magnifying glass. What's more, I'd like to think that this isnt true, but I think I was using the magnifying glass to burn faces out of the newspapers so there were just little newspaper picture people with bodies and a hole for a head. Furthermore, I know that I burned a few slow-moving ants in this time. I think that until this time I have blocked these images out due to their incredibly disturbing nature. Was I a creepy kid?!?! All this time, I thought I had this great well-adjusted childhood, come to find out... I mean, I always had a lot of friends as a kid and I played sports and I was happy and all that, but there I was when no one was looking, in the backyard burning holes... I was like a closet creepy. If one of you guys who knew me at that time would like to email me and tell me that I was a happy and well-adjusted, please, do so...

No comments: