Sunday, August 25, 2002

Giant Dollar Dino

As a lead-in to this post, Id just like to say that from time to time I feel bad about the complete lack of content in my journal/blogger/site thing. I just read Jon's, and he was talking about human rights/human needs etc., which makes me feel badly only because I am about to talk about a inflatable dinosaur.
Speaking of Jon, I bought you a little present today!
On to the dinosaur. So I'm out shopping with Sara and Rirruto today, and we stop into the dollar store, where I think that I have just found the best bargain of my life when I spot a 36" inflatable dinosaur for the low low price of one dollar. I'm like " 36"?! thats three feet! I am going to buy this awesome three foot inflatable dinosaur, blow it up and put it in my living room!" This is the kind of random nonesense that makes life worthwhile for me. So I buy the dinosaur and we're in the car and Sar and Rirruto are like "Blow it up, Laura" and I'm like "No, its three feet tall, if I blow it up, I wont be able to get it out of the car.". But I do it anyhow. So I rip open the package, take it out, and start laughing so hard I can't breathe. The dinosaur is less than a foot tall. Apparently the thirty six inches was a horizontal measurement, not a vertical. But come to think of it, its not even that long, its probably less than two feet long. If you saw the package it came in you would be so disgusted. The picture on the front makes this dinosaur look gigantic. Nonetheless, it was the funniest thing of all time, and now the dinosaur is sitting on top of my TV. By the way, it has no face. Yup, they couldnt take two seconds and half of a penny to put a face on it. Im going to have to go draw a face on my midget dino now.

No comments: