Sunday, September 01, 2002

Some thoughts on fall semester...
I am now aware of what people are talking about when they say its different when you live in your college town year round. Last year Jenn stayed all year and she thought it was so wierd when people started coming back, and im like "why?" Yes, now I see. It is a drastic change to have everyone back here.. I dont know if its the large packs of girls in high heels walking down the street or the fact that everyone's couches are now on their front lawns... I feel like my town got invaded. I am now a college summer snob. Dont get me wrong, Im generally all about the college thing, I love that everyone in this town is up at all hours of the night. This is my problem. I live in an area very heavily populated with students. This is what it sounds like outside my apartment at night now. Cicadas, cicadas, cicadas, random "WHOO HOO! YEAH!", cicadas. Its not that the noise bugs me, not in the least. Its just that, come on people, you're fucking retarded. I go out with friends a lot. I have a really good time. At no point in time do I feel the need to scream at the top of my lungs "whoo hoo yeah." And the fact is, I can see you out of my sliding glass door. You're sitting on your lawn drinking beer. That is hardly something to "whoo hoo" about. So, If you get my point, the fact of the matter is Im annoyed by you only because you are making a complete ass of yourself and its hard for me to watch.

No comments: