Friday, September 20, 2002

Freudian slip?

So I'm at work tonight, and Im at my table,and Im getting a drink order. If you've ever been a server, you know that you kind of have an order that you repeat things in, just because its easier to remember everything that way. So mine is "I have six local beers on tap, a full bar, wine list, ice tea, lemonade and pepsi products." So I start to say this to my table and I say "I have six local beers on tap, a full bar, wine list, ice tea, le-" and I get the "le", but I cant for the life of me remember "monade", all i can think is "le-sbian". But I know that thats not what I mean so I just stop and stand there and think really hard and start cracking up.
My table is like.. "umm.. okay."
In other positive news, someone in my apartment complex is blasting Tupac and Im loving it. How they are getting away with it in my riot-prone, heavily police-surveillanced neighborhood, I have not a clue, but Im loving it... Speaking of which, when I pulled onto my street there were four police cruisers hanging out, surveilling or something. I just get this awful feeling that somewhere in this city someone is getting mugged or a store is getting robbed, all while four cruisers are chilling in the parking lot of Jimmy Johns, making sure that no one is playing music too loudly..

No comments: