Thursday, September 19, 2002

A Couple of Things...

I haven't posted in a long time, because I havent really had anything much to talk about. But now I do. I realized just now that I only post when Im pissed off about something. Therefore, at the end of the post, I will make a conscious effort to be positive. But for now, heres what pissed me off today...
So Im coming home from my photography class, and im all in a good mood, because the pictures I took this afternoon turned out really good. And then the top 5 countdown comes on. Most people, when they hear a song with stupid lyrics, they laugh. Not so much me. I feel genuine rage when I hear people on the radio with retarded lyrics, because I know that there are a million struggling people out there with good lyrics that write their own songs, who are waiting to get a record deal, probably playing in little clubs every night of the week, working as a waiter/waitress to pay the bills.. (digression..) In addition, I feel great rage knowing that Im going to have to sit through this song everytime I get in the car and turn on the radio.
Any how, here were the lyrics to the song I heard...
"Oh-my- starry-eyed surprise
sun down to sunrise
were going to dance all night to this DJ
dance all night to this DJ"
First of all, who the f@#k uses phrases like "starry eyed surprise"? wouldnt you just laugh at yourself if you said something like that?
Ignoring, for the sake of argument, that that is the dumbest phrase Ive ever heard, WHERE in the song is this 'starry eyed surprise'?
there is no follow up.
is the starry-eyed surprise the fact that they're going to dance from sundown to sunrise? Oh, big freakin surprise. Call the newspapers on that one...
I think the real starry-eyed surprise is that anyone gave those people a record deal.
Im getting all pissed off just thinking about it. And its one of the top 5 requested songs!! Granted, I was listening to the corny station, but nonetheless, who called in and requested that?
But now, for something happy.
I had a vegetarian sandwich from Schlotzskys Deli tonight. It was so good. I love vegetarian stuff. I have no money, so Im hoping that my boyfriend will buy me a lemonade at OP tonight. Hopefully he's reading this so he'll offer without me even asking.
In additional happy news, Im going to the apple orchard with my sister, brother-in-law, niece and my mom this weekend for a little hayride/apple picking thing. That will be great fun, my family is really cool.
Have a nice night everyone, despite my incessant bitching...

No comments: