Thursday, September 12, 2002

My Feelings on Rocks

Id like to take a minute to let you know what I think about rocks. I hate rocks. "What", you ask, "have rocks ever done to you?" Its not what rocks have done, but rather what the University has done. I have to take a science class with a lab for my gen ed 7 area, and so I spent two hours yesterday in a lab identifying different kinds of rocks. Just for the record, yes, I am being narrow minded about this. Im like the high school kid who says "why the hell do I need math?" and then goes bankrupt because he cant balance his checkbook. Math I can understand as being necessary. I suck at math, but I took it for my gen ed area without complaining, Id even say I kind of liked it. But rocks. If you can come up with a reason that I, in my anticipated life as a fiction writer and Creative Writing Professor will need to know that Flourite cleaves in four directions at 90 degree angles.. I will shut up. Email me with just one good reason, and I swear I will shut up, but Ive got to tell you , I just dont see one...

No comments: