Tuesday, September 13, 2005

Mind If I Procrastinate?

I have a story due tomorrow and the whole things done, except I need to go back through and just make small changes and tighten it up and all, but for some reason, I just can't bring myself to concentrate. So I thought I'd go ahead and procrastinate here...
Some Things-
1. I dance like a white girl.
I joined a gym tonight because I need classes, I'm bored to death of the machines. So I went to kickboxing and all was going well until the end when she decides to put some music on and do some latin dancing to end the class. I am one of the few white girls in the class, and I cannot dance like these women. I am telling you these women have some serious moves. She had us doing this hip thing, which turned into a butt thing, and I am telling you, they can move their butt as if it's independent of the rest of their body. Me? I look like I have an uncomfortable wedgie. After a while, it was just painful to see myself in the big mirror up front, so I went and got a really long drink at the water fountain. How come no one ever asks us to do the Roger Rabbit?? Seriously, I would be the envy of all...

2. Ugly Lamp
So I do this thing called freecycle, where people post things they no longer want/need and you can claim them. Some of the things are nice. Some, not so nice. This lady posted that she had a lamp, and my desk lamp just died, so I wrote back and said I wanted it. The way she described it, it sounded kind of pretty. So we drive over to pick it up and she's left it on the front porch for me in a plastic bag. We pull up in front of the house and I see the look on Rob's face. It looked like she had cleaned out her entire house and put it on the front lawn for about a million freecycle people to come pick up. Except she hadn't. There were lounge chairs in the flower beds. Like, behind the flowers. I don't get that. Anyhow, Rob's got this look on his face and I'm trying to be positive so I say "Well.. maybe they just had a garage sale recently." Rob says "Yeah, maybe they had a crap sale recently." Anyhow, the point is, the lamp is the most godforsakenly ugly thing I've ever seen. We took it out of the bag and we laughed and LAUGHED and laughed and laughed. What if I furnished an entire house with freecycle stuff? It would be the most hilarious thing ever.

3. Van
I took my van driving test today and I am officially a van driver. This means that I can take out SLC's vans and basically drive them where I want to and waste their gas instead of my own.

And now, back to the story...

No comments: