Monday, June 19, 2006

How I Know I'm Not Really an Animal Lover (and that I am a heartless bitch)

One of my favorite stories of all time is the time Sara and I went to a concert and outside the concert they have the booths where you can adopt a child/support a child. We're looking over the pictures and all the sudden Sara gets this look on her face and goes "Oh, I'm adopting this girl." So, I'm like "Why that one?" and Sara's like "Look at her! No one else is going to adopt her! She doesn't have any hair!" So Sara adopts this girl.

So, the other day I'm looking on Petfinder.com, because Rob and I want to adopt a Jack Russell Terrier. I'm looking and there are some that are not so cute and some that need surgery and some that say URGENT! beside them because if someone doesn't adopt them soon.. well, you know (Sara's going to get upset with me in 10 seconds...)
So I say to myself "Laura, if Sara were here, she would adopt the one that needed the most help."
I found the cutest one and I bookmarked it.
I'm just not sure I could live with an ugly dog. There are some Jack Russells that have this long hair on their face and it just CREEPS ME RIGHT OUT, and there are some with mean eyes, and, let's be serious, I just want Eddie from Frasier.
There, it's out there, I'm superficial and evil.
Rob keeps saying "We'll know which dog to get when we go to the pound and we just totally fall in love with one of them", and what I'm thinking is "I don't know what you're talking about, I'm getting the cute one off of Petfinder"
Sorry, Sar :(

3 comments:

Sara said...

Barring all comments I might be witholding about finding the ugly, reject dog (especially considering I chose a cat who ate copper wire on Sunday), I am more amazed that you would want a dog at all- when did you become a friend of the animals? Are you nesting? Is that it? Are you nesting? You are SO a nester right now. Nesty-Nesterton.

Lola said...

AHH! I am not nesting! Now I feel like a big hen, thanks a lot for that. :)
Here's the dog I want:
http://search.petfinder.com/petnote/displaypet.cgi?petid=6097719
I like him because his ears are too big for his body.

Sara said...

Ok- he is cute, but they call him a little fella. I do NOT like the word fella. Don't EVER call him a little fella if you get him.