Monday, June 12, 2006

Them's Fighting Words

Today I feel like fighting someone.
Reasons:
1. Today this kid was so rude to me. I couldn't stand him to begin with and then he was rude and so I was rude back. I don't think he got the hint.
2. I mailed back my Netflix movies on Thursday. Every single time I mail them back, I get an email the very next morning saying that they've arrived. The Netflix place that my movies come from is 20 min. by car. So anyways, this time I mailed them from the campus post office, which is notorious for being shady. Guess what, 4 days later my movies still haven't gotten there. So I call up the post office.
Me: "Hi, I mailed my Netflix movies from there on Thursday and they usually only take one day to get there and they still haven't shown up."
Him: "One day? Nothing only takes one day."
Me: "Well, they're still not there."
Him: "I retired from the US Postal Service, and I can tell you, nothing takes one day."
Me: "Okay, well, it's been four days"
Him: "Well, you're not counting, Sunday, right?"
Me: "No."
Him: "Well, nothing takes one day."

Hold on a second.
Is this thing on? Can you hear me?

IT'S BEEN FOUR FREAKING DAYS, BUDDY.

3. The kids on this campus drive me crazy. Some friends of mine are working the special conferences this summer, and it's their job to stand by the food and make sure only program participants, who have paid for their food, eat it. One of the summer worker kids comes up to get food and my friend says to him "You can't eat this food, it's only for program participants."
What do you think the kid says to her? "Oh, okay"? No. The kid says "F$%k you", and proceeds to pile himself a whole plate of food and walk away.
Seriously?
SERIOUSLY?
Sometimes, I practice telling people off in my head. I came up with the best speech ever for that kid. It involves me lying about what my job is on campus and threatening to have him fired. I hope I run into that kid.
Last week, for reunion, they stole an entire CASE of wine. Not a glass. Not a bottle. 12 BOTTLES OF WINE.
Yeah, steal wine from old people, that'll make them donate money to keep your school afloat.
Punks.

On the other side...

1. I'm having a garage sale on Friday. I love garage sales. It's the old fogey in me coming out. I have every intention of spending the day sitting in a lawn chair in my backyard.

2. Here's where I go back on everything I've ever said. Foot, meet mouth.
I love Lost.
Previous statement made by me: "Oh, wow. A bunch of people crash on an island. Reeeaaaaal interesting."
New statement: "Lost is SWEET!"
Rob and I have 5 episodes left in the second season. Then we can talk about theories. Oh yeah. I got lots of theories.

p.s. Check my avatar. I'm on the island with the polar bear.

3 comments:

Sara said...

Grey's Anatomy could kick Lost's ass. Blindfolded.

Lola said...

That's the other show I watch. In a few weeks, we can watch it together. Not blindfolded, though.

Joseph said...

Lost is BAMF. You should join Lost club with me and Jason and Erin and Charlie. We have many theories. Feel free to share yours with us.