Monday, June 11, 2007

Two Life Lessons, One Better Said Than The Other (But Both of Equal Importance)

(1) This is nice. It's by Barbara Kingsolver.
“The very least you can do in your life is to figure out what you hope for.
And the most you can do is live inside that hope. Not admire it from a
distance but live right in it, under its roof. What I want is so simple I
almost can’t say it: elementary kindness. Enough to eat, enough to go
around. The possibility that kids might one day grow up to be neither the
destroyers nor the destroyed. That’s about it…”
(from Animal Dreams)


(2) And from my own personal wisdom:
I don't know about you, but I wear workout pants to bed. They're comfortable. Tonight I took Penny outside around 8. I was writing out on my deck, so I was already in my pjs. I was also wearing a shirt that said "When you're Irish, it's hard to sing with an empty glass." And I ran into my massage therapist. I would estimate that my massage therapist is approximately a size 00. When she's bloated. She and her well-defined boyfriend were out walking their sporty dog. She was looking effortlessly cute in some little shorts.
I won't lie to you, it didn't make me feel good.
My life lesson to you, friends, is try not to be wearing spandex when you run into people who are a size 00.
Penny did nip at her dog, which just furthered my belief that Penny and I are soul mates.

P.S. Curious what my favorite Billy Joel song is?
It's "Only the Good Die Young"
Erin's is "Keepin the Faith"
Please let me know what yours is, via the comments

No comments: