Sunday, June 19, 2005

Current Mood:  tired
Currently Playing:  Take the Money and Run, Steve Miller Band

A few things of note:
*I got my car washed today for the first time in a year. It's shiny and sparkly and they put air in my tires too.
*Ode to No Bake Cookies by Laura
Oh, mysterious no bakes
how does one achieve your oat-y greatness?
I love you so much and
yet
I no-bake you and you
no-harden
*New apartment in T minus eleven days
*Old lady #1 spoke to a friend who's going away for three weeks and now I'm also housesitting for Old Lady #2
*Actual quote from Old Lady #2- "You can come by and talk to me any time next week. I'll be at home pretty much all week because Wimbledon is on, you know."
*Had a barbeque with lots of other fiction program grad students last night and had a great great time.
*A new segment, called Great ideas by my sister Erin-
-"I think we should take all the money we have and get a time machine and go back in time to live, because if we had as much money back then as we do now, we'd be rich."
*Went garage saling with Rob-bot Saturday and bought this desk thing for $7, which we are both in love with now. Picture to follow.
*Went to an estate sale and it was pretty apparent that the woman who had lived there had been in love with Nutcrackers. Nutcracker salt and pepper shakers, nutcracker wooden cut outs, nutcracker candles, a huge nutcracker christmas light thing for the front yard. It crossed the line when I walked into the living room and there was a seven foot wooden nutcracker as big around as a tree.
Rob and I leaving the house-
Me: Woah. What the hell was up with the Nutcrackers?
Rob: What nutcrackers?
Me: Rob! That woman's entire house was filled with nutcrackers!@!
Rob: I didn't see any nutcrackers.
*Going to see Batman Begins now.

No comments: