Saturday, August 13, 2005

Holy Crap, It's Hot

According to weather.com it's 99 degrees here, with a heat index of 107. You know how you feel when you've got pasta boiling in a pot and you lean over it and get that blast of hot air in your face? It's like that, only constantly. And yet, what did I see in downtown Bronxville? Some guy out jogging. Seriously, guy, I admire your commitment to health and all, but you're going to kill yourself.

Things which are sweet-
1.There's this site, www.freecycle.org, where people post things that they no longer want and other people claim the stuff- kind of like ebay, but the rule is everything has to be free. So I got this sweet minifridge from this girl on there. We're moving in to our new offices for Student Affairs where I'll be working next year, and I'm going to put it in my office (did I mention I get my own office? OH YEAH..) and have frosty cold beverages...
2. I'm selling something on ebay right now- it's a mat cutter (for matting pictures)and I'm all excited because people are bidding on it, but I was worried because I was missing a piece. The thing I was missing was the production stop, it's this little piece of metal less than an inch long, and it's not necessary but I'm like, 'people are going to freak out and demand their money back'. What do I find when I'm cleaning out the Honda, at the bottom of the pouch on the back of the seat? Oh yes, that production stop. What are the chances that it would be there??
And lastly, the most disgusting thing I saw today-
We were on our way into the store when I notice the guy in front of us flossing. Walking through the parking lot flossing his teeth. Gross. But then, when he's done, he throws the big long string of floss on the ground. Walk ten more steps and put it in the trash can? No, thanks, I'll just throw my spit covered string on the ground here.
Now I'm going to hide in the only air conditioned room in our apartment.

No comments: