Wednesday, July 11, 2007

Just Added to My List of People Who Haunt My Nightmares: Yummy-In-The-Tummy Lady!

Today I went to Sam's and there was a lady handing out free samples of this pulled pork sandwich meat. Then a little kid walked up to her to get a sample and she says to him "Yummy in the tummy!"
I thought to myself, "My, that was an unfortunate thing to say."
But people say a lot of dumb stuff to kids. She was probably just saying it because he's a kid.
No.
Everyone who walked up to her got "Yummy in the tummy!"
I circled the freezers with my cart a few times to observe.
Not once did she say, "This is pulled pork sandwich meat."
Not once did she say, "Would you like to try a sample?"
Then she started saying it to anyone who walked by.
I told Rob about it and I was laughing, but he just got this uneasy look on his face, which is how I felt about it exactly. We both decided it was a terrifying thing to say.
And then she chased me through frozen foods with an ax yelling "Yummy in the tummy!!"
Totally true.

On another note, I'm listening to a book on tape at work, and it's very good and very entertaining while I'm sitting here bored out of my mind. Except that we're to a sex scene now. It is very embarrassing to listen to book-on-tape sex scene at work. Because you know that my boss is going to be walking down the hall and hear, "And then.. he cupped her breast." Not cool. But I can't fast forward through it or I won't know what's going on.

No comments: