Thursday, August 09, 2007

Commence Lameness.

It looks as if we've all finally graduated from college. In two weekends, the power duos of Ryan/Jen and Joe/Erin will be relocating from the Kzoo area to areas an hour or so away. You may (or may not) recall that Rob and I were also attempting to relocate but, due to job locations, we appear to be staying for at least another year.
This is sad. What about game nights? What about Girls' Night Thursdays? What about Gallaghers Fridays, Harvey's Tuesdays and Lost Night Wednesdays? Okay, in all fairness, we only did Lost Night Wednesdays a few times. But nonetheless.
There are good things about moving, (clearly, or Rob and I wouldn't be trying to do it, too), and I am particularly happy for Joe/Erin who now not only get to finally live in the same state, but get to get out of Kzoo as well. But this is the part where we all have to make actual effort to get together rather than "Hey, meet me at OP in 10 minutes."
Now what am I supposed to do? Work? Watch TV? Join a Master Gardening class?
I am selfish, but I am selfish with genuine love.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

We can still have girls nights. AND we can still do Gallagher's on Fridays. True, I haven't participated in either for the last couple weeks....but I swear that I can step up and do it. Our friendship will weather this storm, Lola.