Monday, March 22, 2004

If you see my head bulging in odd places, it's because my head's about to explode. It. is humanly impossible to have this much to do and get it all done. The problem is this- well, I got into grad school in New York, which is great. But where is Rob going to work? So I got on the NY Dept of Ed today- to be certified he has to take this test- and he has to go to NY to take it. Cool. Also, even if he takes the test, theres no guarantee that he'll find a job, and what is he going to do if he doesnt have a job. Freaking education. Why doesnt the federal govt just have one big teaching requirement, so that way you can go anywhere and teach. So I found this Urban Teaching initiative thing that he could do, but there are all these catches and once again, its not like you can just count on him getting in, because what if he doesnt? Im going to be in school full time, not a whole lot of time for me to work, and if I did, Im a freaking creative writer, what the hell job am I going to get? Oh, and then I say to myself, well Laura, why dont you worry about all of that later, because youre getting MARRIED in six freaking weeks, and I have TONS left to do for that. And while we're on the subject, where am I going to work this summer? and where is rob going to work this summer? and is Lily going to be able to come to Ireland, or am I roaming around there for 10 days by myself? And what if I dont get enough financial aid from SLC, how am I going to pay for my education??? And should we get insurance for the summer? Because I get insurance from SLC, but what if something happens this summer? And somehow I ran out of contacts- am I going to have to pay for those myself? And my glasses are the wrong prescription now- can I get new ones or did I have to do that at the same time I got my contacts? And the front right side of my car looks like its about to fall off. And are we going to be able to go to Martha's Vineyard in August? Or are we going to have to spend all the honeymoon money going back and forth between here and new york, taking tests and looking at apartments for the fall. Dont ask me whats on my mind...

No comments: