Thursday, August 05, 2004

Like Axel Rose said, "all we need (and the only thing we don't have) is just a little patience".

That song reminds me of Paul O'Brien from Ireland- my and lily's rooms were right next to his when we lived in the house and he had this tape single of Guns n' Roses with "Paradise City", "Sweet Child O' Mine" and "Patience" on it, and he would listen to it over and over and sing along to it.
So here we are. In Kalamazoo. Still. Yes, we were supposed to be in New York by now. By yesterday, actually. But we still dont even know if we have the apartment yet. We're just.. waiting. Waiting is not something that I do well. So I've been learning to pass the time with the following activities while waiting to get the phone call/email-
-going to Target and buying underwear
-watching Sex and the City. A lot of it. I'm starting season five now.
-whining
-going to the gym- I know that im about to have a breakdown, because usually I can talk myself out of going to the gym. But for the past few days my thought has been "well, what am I going to do instead, sit around here and wait for a call?" and the thought is actually depressing enough to get me off my ass and out the door.
-eating spaghetti. We haven't bought groceries in a long time because who the hell buys groceries right before they move? So we're trying to use what we have. Which is spaghetti. It's thursday and we've already had it twice this week.
-avoiding calling people. I am actually avoiding returning phone calls because I know that said person will ask me about the apartment and I think I might eventually have a meltdown if I continue to explain this retarded situation.
-watching television shows that make rob want to kill himself. Such as- The Ashlee Simpson Show, Last Comic Standing, Big Brother Season Bagillion. Strictly the best.
There's a good chance that by the next time I post I will have taken up a fun new hobby, like macromae, donating blood platelates, sedating myself. Something to pass the time...

No comments: