Friday, August 27, 2004

Potpourri
Things are looking up. It is now friday, and I start orientation on monday. The thing is, we're bored. We're sitting in our apartment a lot. But this will all soon come to an end. Tomorrow we are thinking of going to MoMA. Sunday we are going to the Yonkers Flea Market (guaranteed to be full of all kinds of wierd, shady things and will make for an excellent blog later on). Sunday night Im going into Manhattan to hang out with Sara. Orientation on monday for me, with all kinds of grad mixer events going with it, and rob will go and fill out all his paperwork for his new job. And it's about freaking time. I'm ready to start. I've been at the library working on a story all week and it's really starting to come together. This makes me happy. This makes me excited to write. Some days you have to make yourself do it and some days its kind of exciting.
Rob is making spaghetti right now. All afternoon he's been practicing singing lyrics from a Ludacris song, because he's bound and determined to be, and I quote, "a Ludacris impersonator. You know, like Elvis, only Ludacris." I'm sure our neighbors can hear us through the walls and I think they're organizing board meetings about us.
Next week I'm going to a reading at McSweeneys. Partially I'm going because it will be cool. Mostly I'm going because I have a wierd crush on Dave Eggers. Don't tell him.
I got my old school Nintendo to work again. I've been playing Dr. Mario like a mad woman. Jen D., there will be a showdown around Thanksgiving. Speaking of Thanksgiving, what do you guys think about having another Friend Thanksgiving on a much smaller scale. We will be in town Nov 21-26. We'll be w/family for the actual day, but maybe the Sunday before or something?

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Glad to hear the Nintendo is working... NOW GIVE IT BACK OR ELSE!!

Lola said...

NEVER!! You will never get it back. You lent a valuable and rare thing to your scheming and scandalous sister. You should have known better.

jon jon said...

a friend thanksgiving has alredy been put into the works. Details to follow...