Tuesday, August 24, 2004

New York driving- what the fk?

Let me describe to you the phenomenon that is New York driving. Okay, so everyone is in this huge freaking impatient rush. Michigan- You only honk if you’re pretty pissed off, and if you get honked at, you’re really offended. New York- You honk if a bug flies in front of your windshield. I was sitting at a light today, and a guy starts honking before the light even turns green. But the thing is, no one gives a crap if they get honked at. But, this is not my problem. My biggest problem- the New York “pull over and chat it up” complex. Michigan- you see someone you know on the street, you either honk and wave or you pull over and find a parking spot. New York- See someone you know? Oh! Well, just stop your car in the middle of the lane and start a conversation. Can’t find a parking space on the street? Just park it in the middle of the lane and go in. Here’s the think I don’t get- NOBODY HONKS!!! They just pull into the next lane (without fail, cutting someone off) and go around them. Hello?? Honk if you have no reason, remain patient and go around when there’s an actual law being broken?? I don’t get it.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

One might wonder why there are no stories involving Laura and her ridiculously gorgeous, yet wise and grounded, sister Erin. And...I noticed that though you were hating on truckers, you are also talking like one in a later blog. I've got your big rig and silk screen jacket on standby.