Thursday, October 21, 2004

The Apprentice, Writing, and Why American Lit Class Irritates Me

First of all, I love The Apprentice.
I know its bad. But its so so good. How did I get sucked into this? I have absolutely no interest in business. Stacy got kicked off tonight, finally, I couldnt stand her- I really can't imagine who would hire her to be their lawyer.
Moving on, I'm working on a new story and I'm really excited about it. I wrote the first draft in the past two weeks and it wasn't really clicking together.. and so I obsessed about it for a while, and avoided it and complained about it and drank about 20 diet cokes... and then I got this great idea and wrote fifteen pages in the last 24 hours. It involves Michigan and fruitstands and adultery, all the elements of a good story. And, of course, I kill someone off in it.
Also on my list of new obsessions- The Daily Show. Could John Stewart be the funniest man alive? I'm thinking yes.
On to other things- American Lit Class annoys me sometimes.. which is sad because I really like reading the books and talking about them, but without fail someone will read waaaaayyy too much into it. Okay yes, sometimes there are symbols and things in there, but sometimes people are just looking way too hard. People, it is neither a treasure hunt nor a conspiracy plot. If the writer wanted you to see something, they'll drop enough hints so you get if you're reading closely. BUT SOMETIMES, ITS JUST NOT THERE. Please, please stop because you annoy the hell out of me.
I carved my pumpkin last week, but it's too warm in my apartment so it molded over. Sad day.
We had split pea soup for dinner tonight. Wouldn't recommend it.
My niece is being a "Barbie Dinosaur" for Halloween. If you think you have ever seen a Barbie Dinosaur that may be cuter, you are sadly mistaken my friends. In regards to that, my sister and I can't figure out exactly what is so 'Barbie' about this dinosaur, and furthermore, since when was Barbie claiming she was around when Dinosaurs were alive? But you know, we're going with it.
Also, I talked to my little brother tonight. Hi Danny! And I talked to my parents. No, I haven't been on the phone all night, clearly I got off in time to watch The Apprentice.
And lastly, take Ryan's advice and go to the picture page and press 'back' and 'next' really fast and watch me do the robot!!

4 comments:

Joseph said...

You can dance if you want to... you can leave your friends behind....

Anonymous said...

I thought we decided that it must be a Barbie dinosaur because it's pink and purple..didn't you know that Barbie is now rich enough to own the colors pink and purple? Duh. Seriously though this Barbie dinosaur costume is dope. See? I told you we could start bringing back words! Now you try.

Anonymous said...

I thought we decided that it must be a Barbie dinosaur because it's pink and purple..didn't you know that Barbie is now rich enough to own the colors pink and purple? Duh. Seriously though this Barbie dinosaur costume is dope. See? I told you we could start bringing back words! Now you try.

jon jon said...

Ok. Don't get on my bad side by dissin' the Split Peas. Really. Get some ham in there, a little onion, whatever else... i dunno, paprika maybe? no, not paprika... but you know, split pea soup is killer if it's made well... or, at least... i think so. Also, it looks like puke. so, you know, added bonus.