Saturday, October 30, 2004

Geo-rgia. Geoooorgiiaaaaa...

We saw the movie about Ray Charles today. Really, really good. That Georgia song... tear... makes me want to cry. I kind of didn't want to know that Ray Charles was a heroin addict though, I kind of just wanted to think he was a saint.
Let me tell you about my job last night. So I was a Graduate Party Assistant again- this time for two bands that were playing at the coffehaus. The opening band had a "special guest" named Red Lightning. Red Lightning is a 75 year old man with no teeth. He was wearing long black pants studded with fake jewels and a large kimono-like black shirt, also studded with star-patterned fake jewels and accessorized with a large jewel studded belt. To top it off, he was wearing some seriously cool sunglasses. Before the show, he walked around outside where I was, with a little tape player, playing "Run Around Sue" and singing along. He also performed with this radio, putting it up to the mic and singing along. Every once in a while, he tried to strike up a conversation with me. Examples-
"So... I just bought all those Twilight Zone episodes on.. what do you call that new thing? DVD? I figure, they're gonna be sold out soon and I want to get while the gettin's good"
"Hey, sweetheart, are you havin' fun? Good, good, now I'm happy"
"Hey! I just got a good idea. For my valentines this year, I'm goin to send out cards to all my girlfriends that say 'Wild Thing, You Move Me' "
Hmm...
Anyone dressing up and going to a Halloween party? What are you dressing up as?

1 comment:

Joseph said...

Just an old sweet song... keeps Lola on my mind....