Wednesday, October 27, 2004

My Very First Published Work

So the other day, a few weeks ago, someone broke into my car while it was parked on a backstreet behind my apartment. It was no big deal, since there was nothing in there to steal, they just made a huge mess. BUT- I wrote one of those "Open Letters To Entities that are Unlikely to Respond" (on McSweeney's website) to whoever broke in and sent it to McSweeneys. They just emailed me back that they're going to publish it on the site! Yay! Exciting! I don't know when, but when they do I'll link to it.

2 comments:

Joseph said...

The first time I read your post, I thought that you had the letter in your car, and the dude broke in and made a mess and took the letter, and then he liked it, so he mailed it to McSweeneys, and they liked it, so they emailed you, saying it would be on their site. Then I read the post again, and the story behind your publication, while less amazing than I initially percieved and kind of sad because your car got broken into with no immediate positive circumstances, is still something to be proud of.

Man, I should've just said, "Congratulations."

Anonymous said...

ok, so I went to that McSweeny's site and it was hilarious...read "an open letter to hummingbirds" i laughed so hard I cried.

Erin (yo' sista)