Monday, December 20, 2004

A few things-
1. I went to the mall today to finish up my Christmas shopping. Some of the malls here have metered parking. Does that sound like the worst idea in the world to you? Because a) people dont always have quarters so they wont come to shop at your mall when they otherwise would have come and spent $ b) people aren't going to take their time and look around if they're worried about the meter, they're going to go in, get what they came for and leave. Bad Idea, Mall People, Bad Idea! Trump would fire you!
2. Do you ever wonder about people who call into radio stations? Today, apparently, was this DJ's birthday, and I'm listening and this woman calls in. Here is the conversation-
Lady: HI! I just wanted to call and say happy birthday! I hope you have a fantastic day today!
DJ: Well thanks Polly, that's really nice of you.
Lady: So, are you getting out of town for the holidays at all?
DJ: Yeah, I'm going to visit my family in Austin tomorrow, actually.
Lady: Oh, I'm leaving too, on Wednesday, to go over to Pennsylvania to see my sister. Well, I want you to know that we'll miss you every minute that you're gone. Really, I hope you have a great holiday and New Year, and many blessings on you and your family
I'm not trying to be mean, I like being nice to people I dont know, I make an effort to let cars in ahead of me and whatnot, but doesnt this just seem a little crazy for someone you dont even know?
That's all I got.

No comments: