Tuesday, February 27, 2007


Catch-up Post

I've been a disgrace of a blog writer and now I have to catch up on everything-

(1) Chicago was super fun. We went to the Museum of Science and Industry, the Chicago Institute of Art, shopping (oh! Hello H&M! Long time no see!), out for Chicago-style deep dish pizza and to Second City for an improv comedy show. Here's a few highlights:

(A) We stayed in the hotel from The Shining, I swear to you. It was a really quiet old hotel (but nice), and there was barely anyone in there. One night, I go looking for a vending machine to get some bottled water (did I tell you I gave up pop and candy for Lent? No, I'm not Catholic. Nonetheless, I have not cheated once). The guy at the front desk is like, "Oh you can get some at the bar on the second floor." Bar? Up in the creaky quiet elevator I go. The door opens to the second floor. There is a freaking party going on in there. I have to walk around for a while to find the entrance, but when I do, the bar is hopping, people. It was EXACTLY like when Jack walks into the fourth of july party or whatever it was. Creepy. More disturbing, however, was the price of bottled water. In the Shining, they tell Jack his money is no good there. They did not tell me that. They told me that flipping bottle of water was $4.50!!! IT'S WATER! IT FALLS FROM THE SKY!! SCREW YOU AND YOUR $4.50!
I drank it.
(B) On the way home, the train was delayed 2.5 hours. Funny considering that the ride is only 2.5 hours long. But Rob and I are like, whatever, lets have a glass of wine from the snack car! So we did. Seriously though, you would have thought that it was the end of the freaking world. The guy in front of me says to his wife, "Go get whatever you want from the snack car. I'll put it on my credit card and then I'll send the bill to Amtrak."
I'm sure you'll be getting reimbursed for that immediately, sir.
(C) Saw American Gothic at the museum. Did you know that the women in the picture isn't the farmer's wife, it's his unmarried daughter?
(D) Rode the busses without getting lost once.
(E) Chicago is not a real city. Their cabs are not yellow.
(F) Second City was hilarious.
(G) I would put up some pictures here, except for the fact that we did not take any pictures. That will be nice when we're old and senile.

Everything non-Chicago:

(2) I'm no longer counting miles because Rob bought me a ticket to NY with all of my mile money. Either that or I completely lost track. Either way, I'm going to NY and you don't have to hear about the money anymore, Sar:)

(3) Finished my book "Grab On To Me Tightly As If I Knew the Way" on the train. The author is coming to Western to read tomorrow, so I thought I'd go. I don't think I will anymore. It was by no means a bad book. It was probably a good book. But I just didn't get into it. EXCEPT that it was set in Kalamazoo so I knew all the places he was talking about, which made me feel cool.

(4) Dear Mom and Dad: I'm coming to visit you this weekend. Please get some water going for Cream of Wheat.

(5) It's bad little Danny's bday. I didn't come up with a way to embarrass him in time, though. Which means I'll just do it on a regular day. Last year, I called a pizza parlor in E. Lansing and tried to get them to send him a pizza with "21" written out in pepperoni, but they wouldn't do it.

(6) I guess that's it for the time being.

No comments: