Thursday, February 08, 2007

Disappointed, Not Disappointed

Disappointed:
At work, I listen to NPR. Do NOT tell my sister. I get sooo sick of hearing the same songs over and over again (103) and most of the stuff on the other station is probably a bit much for a high school guidance office, so I started listening to NPR.
I actually kind of like NPR. EXCEPT Prairie Home Companion, which I hate more than anything. That show is so far from funny. That show is like spending an hour with a really un-funny old relative.
Anyways, they were interviewing Sarah Silverman on NPR the other day because she has a new show on Comedy Central. The clip they played sounded hilariously funny, so I downloaded an episode from ITunes.
Not funny.
I was so disappointed.
This is my number one rule of comedy: Bodily functions are not humorous. Burping, farting, peeing, whatevs. They're not repulsive (most of the time), but they're also not funny.
She's too pretend-cutesy for me.

Speaking of comedians, my boss has decided that I remind her of Kathy Griffin. At first, I was seriously offended, due to the fact that Kathy Griffin looks like a drag queen. I have had some pretty bad haircuts in my life, but I don't feel as if I look like a drag queen. Anyways, she doesn't think I look like her, she thinks we tell stories the same way. I am still undecided about the whole affair.
Moving on.

Not Disappointed:
Oh, Lost. Thank god you're back. Where have you been for all this time? Nevermind, nevermind, it only matters that we're back together.

Re-united and it feeeeels so goooooooood.
Re-united cause it's un-derstoooooooood.

2 comments:

Sara said...

I hate that song. Don't ever put that song on your blog again.

Anonymous said...

YEA to Prairie Home Companion! Boo to Kathy Griffin.