Tuesday, October 08, 2002

A Couple Things of Note
After my insistant scramble to get tickets to the only Counting Crows show that they are playing in Michigan, they add another show in East Lansing. *sigh*
I took this test last week in my US 1940-1960 history class. I got done with the test and was literally laughing as I told someone how badly I bombed it. See, the thing was, it was completely my fault, because I didnt get around to reading 300 of the 400 pages of the reading that the test was over. Usually, Im a pretty good BS'er, but this time, I didnt even know enough to BS. And you know what I got on this test? Freaking 82%. I dont deserve anywhere near that. Its not because I did a good job of BSing, I think this guy just got sick of reading essays and gave me a good grade. For example, I will include a short essay.
the question was "What was the controversey surrounding the use of the Atomic Bomb in World War II?"
This is my answer, verbatim, off of my test paper that was handed back-
"The atomic bomb controversey was centered around the complete destruction it would cause. O'Neill understands the complete horror that it caused, the reason he named the last chapters of his book 'Reckoning.' I believe O'Neill saw this as a very final and thorough end to the war, however. Much of America was torn between these two points in relation to the A-bomb."
Now, when I read that, it is very VERY apparent to me that I havent read the book. Do you know what I got for that little gem of knowledge? 9 out of 12 points.
And lastly, I heard this on the news this morning. So theres this family in Georgia (?), and on Sunday they get in their car with their son to go to church, and as they're pulling out of the driveway, their entire house blows up in front of them. I guess it was some kind of gas leak. Can you even imagine? What if they decided that they were too tired to go to church that morning? unreal.

No comments: