Wednesday, October 30, 2002

A few more points of note..
*Tomorrow is Halloween! yeah, thats not actually that exciting. Rob and I are going to my house (home home, not apartment home), originally we were going to take my niece trick-or-treating, but no longer, now we are just handing out candy. But we will make them work for their candy, oh yes, there will be no easy getting-of-the-candy from me, nor from Rob (but this is not unusal, you dont get anything out of Rob without a fight)... there will be much recitation from the kids. The Declaration of Independence, The Gettysburg Address, Indecipherable Pearl Jam Lyrics, possibly "The Raven".... no child will leave with a treat without some intellectual collateral...
*Secondly, the deadline for the Laureate is Friday, so get your stuff in, or else. Up until today, we had a total of 8 submissions, and then we went in today and all the sudden we had 43 submissions. This is a gigantic relief. I was considering submitting pieces under pen names just to fill the damn thing up, but no longer necessary...
*Third, a small internal battle. I consider myself to be at least reasonably intelligent. Im opinionated, I do my best to read a lot, be up to date on things. So why, in total antithesis to this, do I have an unsatiated love for trashy television?? Now I dont watch television often, but when I do, do you know what I watch? Well here is a little rundown on this weeks television watching schedule for you...
Monday night... joined my roommate for a little viewing of "P. Diddy, MTV's making of the band"
Tuesday night... The Real World, in which one cast member starts a career as a Go Go Dancer, and the another has a one night stand with a girl in the community hot tub.
Currently I am on my way over to a friends house to watch The Bachelor. Trash! Complete Trash! And I relish every moment of it...
*Fourth- My term paper for American Lit is "Who do you think (pick an author) has answered the call to create a writing style/novel/attitude that is unique to the American Experience?" any ideas?? let me know... right now Im thinking Salinger
*Fifth- my roommate has abandoned me, Its 9 pm and I cant find her anywhere. SARA! WHERE ARE YOU?!? COME BACK, ILL BE BETTER, I PROMISE!!! :)
*Sixth- A nice quote, and goodnight all...
"Candy is dandy, but liquor is quicker"- Willy Wonka and the Chocolate Factory

No comments: