Tuesday, May 25, 2004

COUNTDOWN SAYS: 4 MORE DAYS

4 MORE FREAKING DAYS AND I'M NOT AN ISS TEACHER ANYMORE!! I went on a job interview yesterday, because I was thinking, I have seven weeks between the time I get back from Ireland and moving to New York, so I'm going to need something more than just waitressing at night. It was a secretarial position for Culligan Water. I will not do it, even if I get the job. Why? Because the man that would be my boss is ON FIRE for water. I mean like, "this is such an important position, Laura. You would be the face and voice of Culligan Water for all the customers that come in here. If we decide you're the right person, we're willing to wait until you get back on June 12th." Now, on one hand, its admirable that this man takes a job that would drive anyone else to suicide and makes it his passion. On the other hand, BUDDY,ITS JUST WATER! I could not wake up every day, even just for seven weeks, and pump myself up to go sell water. If people called me on the phone and said "my water was supposed to be here hours ago, where is it!?" I would not say "oh GOD! IM SO SORRY!" I would say "hey lady, I dont know if you know or not, but you're getting upset about WATER. Do you have a faucet? good, I think you'll live until the delivery gets there.." Also, I've noticed as of late that my ability to kiss ass is diminishing. People get upset about stupid s@#t, and normally I would, you know, try to make them feel better. Now I just kind of look at them funny.
In other news, I have a flower on my desk at work that the janitor gave me, probably three months ago (that's a whole other story..) At first it died. Then it molded. Did I throw it out then? No. Now, I've just noticed, its so far gone that even the mold has died and given up. The miracle of science and patience.
In other other news... CAMPING TRIP ALL WEEKEND. I love camping. Plus, we have about 10 people coming out to the site to hang out and stay. I have a bad feeling we may be kicked out of the park when we have 10 people sleeping in our 4 person site. Oh well, what can you do?

No comments: