Wednesday, October 18, 2006

All I Do On This Blog Is Bitch (and I love it...)

1st of all...
More than anything, more than punk-o kids and psycho parents, do you want to know what I hate about working in an office environment?
People are constantly laughing about things that are in absolutely no way funny.
It's like you work in an office and you automatically develop a tick where you laugh after everything you say.
For instance:
"Laura, do you have your walkie-talkie?"
"I already put it away."
" HAHAHA! I guess I should have checked first, eh? HAHAHAHAHA!"
"....yeah..."

or

"Hey, there are donuts up front. Better get yourself some donuts before they're gone, eh? HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!"

EVERYONE DOES THIS.
I'm not talking about people who are trying to be funny, these weren't even supposed to be jokes.
It's like I'm working in a freaking psycho clown ward.
At first, I'd smile at them. Now I just stare.
At my SLC office job, people didn't laugh at things that weren't funny.

Today I officially became that lame adult I always knew I would be. I made a kid turn his shirt inside out.
How does a kid walk around a high school all day long in a shirt that says "Will Work Forehand Jobs" and no one catches on?

On an unrelated note-
Come on people. Stop messing with Aquaman

And lastly, please get out your list of words I hate and add "gossamer" and "pedagogy" to it and then strike them from your vocabulary forever.

1 comment:

academicecs said...

Laura Catherine! Here are some synonyms or phrases to consider in place of some of your inappropriate language: complain, gripe, express dissatisfaction, to express distress. Oh, here's another word that should be banned: juxtaposition