Tuesday, October 10, 2006

Kitchen Talk

1. You know what's the worst? Drinking out of a dirty glass, but you don't realize it's a dirty glass until you've drank most of whatever was in your glass and you're low enough that when you tip it, you can see the sides and you say to yourself "Cool. What's all that crap on the side of my glass? Wonder what I just drank." Here's my theory on that. I think the reason that I never get sick is because I'm a complete dirtball and I've ingested so many germs that my body is immune to everything. Wish you were me now, eh?

2. We have no pots or pans. Long story, they got left in NY because we wrecked them all by using a scrubby on a non-scrubby friendly surface. We now have (1) sauce pan (very VERY small sauce pan), (1) medium-smallish boiling pot and (1) small skillet. And one lid.
Buuuutttt.. I refuse to buy new pans. Not because we can't afford it. I refuse to buy them because you know you are old and boring when you use your hard-earned money to buy pots and pans. Have you seen how much a set of pans/pots costs?!?! Like $200!
So my big plan was, let's ask Rob's parents for pots and pans for Christmas. Specifically Rob's parents because I'm still 10 and want only fun, non-practical gifts from my own parents. Then I realized the fatal flaw in my plan. Rob's parents bought us that whole set of pots that we ruined. Here's how that conversation will go:
Them: "So what do you guys want for Christmas?"
Us: "Well, we could really use some new pots and pans."
Them: "Oh. Didn't we get you a whole set for your wedding?"
Us: "...um..........no?..."

That's fine. Who needs pots and pans anyways?
Mom and Dad: Don't you dare get me pots and pans for Christmas. I will cry, right there and then, on Christmas morning. Santa Claus doesn't bring pots and pans.

6 comments:

academicecs said...

YOU are a very BIG loser! You're 25. You're supposed to be out of the ME stage. I'm shopping for pots and pans tomorrow. Try to act surprised on Christmas.

Lola said...

Oh, fine then! You're getting socks and underwear! Won't this be the best Christmas ever?

Lola said...

p.s. The 'ME' Thing? Not a stage.

academicecs said...

When you buy the underwear, I'm really into the speedo look. Your mother thinks it's SEXY. Maybe I'll start with a nice 3 qt. sauce pan!

jon jon said...

I take personal affront to the idea that spending hard earned money on pots and pans (and various other kitchen gear) at this point in life is a bad thing. There are few things as wonderful in my life as going to bed bath and getting something big, metal and shiny i can cook in. I mean, seriously.

... ... ...


No. Really. I love it.

Joseph said...

Something he can cook in and then let fester on the kitchen counter until it grows legs and scurries away on it's own...

Just kidding Jon, I love you.

-j