Friday, April 15, 2005

Current Mood: Tax free
Currently Playing: "Nobody does it better"

I tell people "stay away from downtown Yonkers, I cannot fully express it's sketchiness." People don't believe me. This is a story called "Why I Steer Clear of Downtown Yonkers."
So I, of course, waited until the last possible second to do my NY non-resident tax form, so that I had to find that one post office that stays open late. I called the post office and they said the one in downtown Yonkers was open late. Awesome. So I go get Rob and make him come with me because I wasn't going alone- It's like 6pm and we're almost there and all the sudden the traffic stops and I think to myself 'why is traffic so slow?' and then everyone starts honking their horns, so I'm trying to look past the cars and see whats going on. Oh. Turns out the cars are all stopped because two women have stopped their cars in the middle of S. Broadway and started beating the s*!t out of one another. I mean, they were driving, got out of their cars, and started fighting. ARE YOU KIDDING ME? Throwing punches, hair grabbing, psychoticness. Riiigghttt. So there just so happens to be an off-duty police officer there who cuffs one of the women and then a million police cars come. THE FREAKING POLICE VAN THAT YOU THROW UNRULY PEOPLE INTO COMES. Completely insane. And to top it all off, the stupid post office wasn't even open.

No comments: