Friday, June 25, 2004

Screw you, Carnie Wilson!

As I was driving home last night from the bar, I was a little depressed. The thing is, I'm only 23 frickin years old and it kind of feels like my whole life is flying by me. I wake up around 9ish in the morning- not too bad- and by the time I get up, eat, go work out, take a shower, have lunch and write for a little while, its time to go to work. Everyday this is what I do. And then a month passes and I go, what the hell, where did that go? And it's summer for God's sake, I should be out doing fun enjoyable things. The other day the waitress at a restaurant said "why aren't you out beach bumming" and I'm like, ha! yeah right, cause I have time for that. And I know I'm not the only one, everyone I know my age is doing the same thing- working like crazy to pay their way through school, grad school, film school or life in general until they either have a degree to get a job doing what they want to do AND make decent money or decide what it is they would like to do. BUT WE'RE FREAKING YOUNG!! doesnt it seem like this is the time when we should be out there doing things that we'll talk about when we're old because right now we have energy and there's a lot of time for possibility in our life because we've got sixty some years left. But we're all out there in grocery stores and restaurants and etc. freaking bored out of our minds ready to scream just trying to make due for the moment. And then, who comes on the radio but Carnie Wilson. Did you know that Wilson Phillips got back together? An unfortunate choice, as they remade "Turn, Turn, Turn" a fantastic song that is sacrilige to remake, but nonetheless. The DJ was talking to her and he's like, we'll, why did you guys break up in the first place? And Carnie's all like "Oh, because I wasn't walking into work everyday and loving what I do. I mean, I just wasn't feeling inspired. And I've always felt that you're vacation should be your vocation. So I just decided I wasnt going to do it anymore." You know what I'd like to say to you, Carnie Wilson? Screw you. You make ample amounts of money singing. Boo Hoo. Do you know how many garbage men there are in this country? do you think they feel inspired to go rid the world of garbage when they wake up? Why I understand what you're saying, that you should really love what you, there are so many people in the world who are just as worthy of a decent job, but dont have the option of quitting their million dollar singing career because they dont feel inspired everyday. Please refrain from coming on the radio in the future, after I have just finished work, and telling me that you took a decade off from singing because your vocation wasn't a vacation. BECAUSE I OFTEN FEEL THAT MY VOCATION IS A VACATION IN HELL.

1 comment:

Joseph said...

Did you know that the cost of renting a truck to go to LA from St. Louis is $1250? I need to pick up as many hours as I can to be able to afford, not just living in LA, but GOING to LA. Not to mention gas, food, hotels....

Screw you Carnie Wilson... screw you indeed.